The Bike Co-op began in 2005 as a heap of bicycles in need of being refurbished. It was a joint initiative supported by:
- The Environmental Campus Organization
- Student Senate
- The former Mountain Biking Club
- The Health and Exercise Science department
- The Student Recreation Center
- The International Club
- The Environmental Studies Minor Committee
The Bike Co-op has filled an important niche in the university and Kirksville communities by providing superior training opportunities and access to affordable high-quality parts and tools.
The main mission is to establish an educational training space on campus for bike repair under the guidance of a trained mechanic. Co-op members are helping to sustain a unique resource and service that helps to create a bridge between university and the greater Kirksville Community.
Where: Located next to Grim Hall and the Multicultural affairs center (Adair building)